Reminiscence

I just got off a call with my dear mom, she'll be 61 in a few days. This time last year, we were planning a 60th birthday party. Time does fly. Talking with my mom everyday is a way we have built our friendship over the years, and I don't take any moment for granted. The gists, to talking about my life victories and cphallenges, and how to cook this and that, to talking about family, and gossiping about who is what, and praying. All of these are blessings, and I am thankful. 
I spoke with both my parents this evening and I just got in my feelings, and when it happens like that, I go back to pictures. 
I checked my Gallery and it's funny I remember everything that happened around the time each photo was taken. I want to share them all with people, and on the other hand, I don't want to. So I came here, I think anyone reading this is likely somebody I am comfortable sharing parts of my life with. 
So enjoy πŸ˜‰ 

December 2016. Was my first and last physical Christmas with Nathan, my nephew. We had attended a wedding; my mom, myself and Nathan. Princess, Nathan's mom was on the bridal train, and Nathan was with my mom and I, cranky all day.

Nathan's First birthday. Myself and his mom.

My mom. The one with whom I've shared one of the best friendships in my life with. She is a superstar, nothing short of that.  This was a very tough moment of her life, I think she couldn't even hide in this picture. Because normally, her smile is always so contagious. 

Christmas day 2016. We were bored and home alone; mom, dad and myself. So we decided to take photos. 
I think I look funny, but this was in December 2016 as well, my first date with a Male. It was an awful experience, by the way.

December 2016, still. I have lots of pictures from around this time because I had recently had my heart broken, it was my first, and hopefully last heartbreak. I was so determined to proof to him that I was fine. If only I knew what time could do, I wouldn't have bothered trying so hard. 

June 2017. A childhood crush and I had recently reconnected and he wanted a photo of me. So I took thisπŸ˜‘
Oh Nathan, how i misss you so much. July 2016.

July 2016. Came home on break and I felt like I knew all the fashion there is to know in life 😊

Young love πŸ’˜ 
August 2018. I didn't want it to ever end. Still dont want it to ever end. 

Princess πŸ‘Έ  this was also in June 2016. She had Nathan about 6 months earlier. Need a lesson on taking risks? Holla, I'll sign you up with thus chic. She's a pro.

Pimples, Me and a cup of green tea, trying to keep fit for my graduation slay. June 2017

September 2015. One of the best times of my life. With the Cea, our second Sunday in Ibadan πŸ’ž

we winced alike. December 2016.


You're home, buddy πŸ₯°

All time favorite picture, taken by a not-so-favorite person πŸ™„ used to be favorite person  then.

 Always my daddy's girl. My mom sent me grilled chicken from Ilorin about a week ago, and she had grilled it so dry so it never has a chance of spoiling. When I spoke with my parents that evening, my father was so concerned my.mother had sent me chicken so dried. He said "Shalom chew it properly and make sure you drink enough water". Of course dad, I didn't know that until you told me. I love you Papito 😍. 


Thanks for taking this journey with me. I'll be sure to upload others the next time the wind blows this way. 
Good night 😴 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIII!!!!

LIFE'S UPDATE

WHAT IS GOING ON?