Life in Throwbacks

Happy new year 2021!
Life,  they say happens when we are busy making plans for it, and I have personally found that to be true to an extent. For example, the photo collage attached to this post has me, 3 years apart, doing the same thing; traveling by road to Abuja, Nigeria, and wearing braids😎. The first picture was taken in 2018, the beginning of my NYSC, and as I embarked on the Journey, I knew I wanted to be where I was headed, but I was nervous, really nervous. What is going to happen this one year? And the year after? How do I fit in to the Almighty Capital City? What if staying at my Uncle's becomes a total disaster? What's going to happen with my career? A Career that I don't even know what it is that I want. What of my parents? What if something happens to them while I'm away?
The second picture was taken a few days go, with better conditions, better anticipation and more responsibility, and with resolve to make the most of time while I can. 
 Those 3 years, I had made plans, but most of the things that I have experienced weren't in my plans, at all. And that's good at times, and bad other times. And truly, we make plans for when we are rich, but right now,  life is actually happening. Then comes the memories, and that’s when you realize that the summation of what your life has been is in the memories made.
Okay, I'm not sure I made much comprehensible sense, and I found out  that writing philosophical pieces is not my Forte at all, and  I am very cool with it. I'll just write stories instead. So you're welcome to my tedtalk 😩

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIII!!!!

LIFE'S UPDATE

WHAT IS GOING ON?