A story of firsts

As 2019 comes to a close, I figured it might be a good time to take stock, and write about my experiences. I recently talked with a dear sister who left her first job about a month after she resumed. She told me the too familiar stories associated with working her first job, How employers jump on the you-have-no-experience wagon and dish you horrible working conditions.

Well, after NYSC I was so eager to get off parental allowance that I was so freaked out about being unemployed.
I got my first job after NYSC in April of this year, as an Administrative Officer with a sort of startup procurement firm. The M.D called me a day after the interview, and told me he was "willing to take a chance on me" because I had no post NYSC experience.
Prior to the interview, we had reached a consensus as regards salary. After the interview, he said he'll pay me a little above half of what we agreed on, because "No post NYSC experience."
I was delighted, really. I was very happy to have a reason to leave the house. The location was a lot far, but I didn't mind either. I resumed to discover that I needed the "experience" to be running errands.
No, I'm not proud or high headed, I just strongly believe experience shouldn't be a factor to consider in running errands.
I should add that three of us were hired and eventually, we were going to have the same job description, but they'd earn how much was agreed on in the first instance. I ran errands, the hot sun meant business too.
I walked a long distance to the office every morning because "along " wouldn't get to the office side, and "car-drop" would charge exorbitantly. I would play music to keep myself cheerful but I was very dissatisfied.
Two weeks after I started, I quit, it is one of the best decisions I made this year.

I know you like gist😂 I'll continue later.

It's a review of the calendar year 2019.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIII!!!!

LIFE'S UPDATE

WHAT IS GOING ON?