WHEN WE WERE YOUNG(1)

Hi guys, I hope you're doing fine?
So, this is the first in the series that I promised to write about.
I recently asked my friends to recount stories, events and sayings from their childhood, and how it might have informed some thoughts and patterns in their lives today and I got a reasonable number of responses.
My friend Mesuur was the first to respond, and she said "Write about the "stigma" attached with wearing trousers as a female child"
Mesuur's parents were not the average Nigerian parents who had issues with the piece of clothing, but of course, an African child can't be raised by only the opinions of her parents. Her neighbours would pass comments about how sinful her parents must be to allow their girl to wear clothes trousers. Eventually, trousers were a part of her wardrobe growing up, and they still are today. Makes me think about how rare that might be, or maybe not, maybe it depends on what part of the country you grew in and also your socioeconomic background.
I know that in my teenage years, a lot of videos and audio clips of people who went to "heaven" and were told that "trousers for female = fiery hell" and the likes.
I won't touch on this religious hoax, however.
A lot of teenage girls could not put them on because of their parent's religious beliefs, and once those girls got a "little" freedom, we all know how the story goes.
Makes me remember why my mom stopped me from wearing them when I newly became a teenager.
I was a child, a vivacious one- the type every new kid around was told about before he/she met me.
"So you're the Shalom" was a constant reminder of how much I was doomed to a future of Horror I was an over Sabi, and it was a bad thing. The funny thing is over the years, I lost all that extraversion.
As I experienced body growth, my mom felt trousers would be too "revealing" so she gave out the ones I had. I frankly didn't like it, because it was my kill them the outfit, but I didn't complain to her.
Eventually, my mom bought two fresh pairs for me a few years after, I wonder whyπŸ˜‚.
If you're female and this piece of clothing is a part of your wardrobe, I think you'd readily attribute comfort with, and possibly versatility.
Will you have restrictions on trousers for your female kids (if you decide to have them) for any reasons?
Did you have those restrictions growing up?
Let me know in the comments section below πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
So, I think I have written this haphazardly (or not) but if you're still reading, thank you very much.
I promise you that this series will be much more engaging and purposeful as we progress.
Also, thank you for all reading my blog, for sharing the public and personal comments. I value them very muchπŸ’™

Till the next postπŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

Comments

  1. Mama πŸ˜†...well my mom was ok with it but my dad wasnot.....anyways its part of my wardrobe now😎

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIII!!!!

LIFE'S UPDATE

WHAT IS GOING ON?