HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIII!!!!

I'll tell a story, it's what I do anyway 🤷‍♀️ It's a really long story but hopefully, I'll compress it to a single blog post.
September 2012,
I had just resumed 100 Level, 10 days after resumption date and I had one friend that I knew from home, she was basically the only person I knew from my set. I was a shy, awkward and reserved being; I hardly spoke and I had bad mouth odour 😭 (I think I also didn't know how to brush properly).
There was this igbo girl with ugly bootcut trousers and weaves that my new course mate Ebun, described as "mad woman's hair".
I soon discovered that this igbo girl was my classmate,  which was the reason I saw her that often. I also discovered that igbo girl spoke really smartly when she opened her mouth, (which was frequently), and she was the king of sarcasm. In a short time, Igbo girl, myself and my other four friends bonded. Her name is Chinomnso, with all the "Chi's" in the world.
Today is her birthday! This post is dedicated to her.
They say have (a) friend(s) who is(are) insanely smart, it may be rough on your esteem, but you'll realise the much good it will do to you. Chinwe is that friend. To be clear, I have insanely smart friends, four of them, but Chinwe is the one I see everyday🤓 so I get to communicate with her everyday.
Chinomnso is that friend that houses you, loves you, and will go the length of the world for you. She's the friend that asks you for your goals and then prepares a word document detailing how you'll meet your goals. She's that friend that will ask you "when last have you written? " (which is a writer's nemesis 😭), she's that friend that'll remind you 6 months before a church meeting "how we need to develop a budget and save towards the meeting". She's that friend who wakes you up with her alarm by 4:30 a.m so we can "actually pray during prayer chain". She's the friend with whom I insist to share "what you've learnt" with when Pastor says to share after every service. She's your evangelism partner and partner in everything Godly, and everything silly and everything hilarious.
She's my friend and nothing I write here will ever be enough to capture the amazing personality that you are Chi.

So, here's to another amazing year Chinwe. Happy birthday!


I love you!!!

Comments

  1. Shalom, I was on braids, the hair was fine joor.😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shallybee nice write up...
    Chinomso actually brought me closer to God
    She's everything you've written and more...

    A day I can't easily forget when she was my room mate, I was completely broke with no kobo to feed, she actually went to the cafeteria and bought for the two of us,
    How she knew I was broke till tomorrow I am yet to phantom because I really don't like to voice out things like that but how she was able to decode it remains amazing.
    Chinomso you're kind is rare...
    Happy Birthday Darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chinomnso, great great personality, was her roomate twice and it was sweet all through, spritually, morally upright, mentally sound👐 amazing amazing person......i would agree with Dayo, she is all you have written here and more......Happy happy birthday Chinwedum😆

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwnnn see how i'm
    goshing on her behalf😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE'S UPDATE

WHAT IS GOING ON?